FINGERSCROSSED products combines high performance standards with modern and daring design. The founders have previously worked in the fashion industry for world famous brands including Ralph Lauren and J.Lindeberg. After their experience working in the fashion industry, FINGERSCROSSED was launched utilising their design skills coupled with the fashion industry experience and cycling passion made for a great fusion where awesome cycling products with style are created for many cyclists around the world.
The PROLEN®YARN has no water-absorbing coating on the outside, which would wash off after some time. Rather, this coating is integrated into the yarn. There is no coating either in the yarn. Prolen itself from the nature does not absorb moisture, it just wicks it away. The yarn lies directly on the skin and does not absorb any moisture. It can absorb moisture from the body and transport it outwards through the empty spaces of the yarn. The skin simply stays dry for longer.
FINGERSCROSSED guarantees a new dimension of comfort and freedom of movement. PROLEN® is the lightest fibre ever developed, with a density lower than water, 50% lighter than cotton. PROLEN® clothing is the lightest so far on the market.
Resistant to abrasion, tension and tearing. PROLEN®'s resistance to wear is 2.5 times that of cotton or wool. PROLEN® garments withstand bad weather, sun, sweat and moisture very well. Thanks to the fact that the yarn is dyed with a drum dye Prolen is dope-dyed or mas dyed, i think drum dye is sth different , the racing socks remain colourfast even after repeated washing. The colour does not migrate to your skin.
- Does not cause allergies, can be worn by people with a very sensitive skin
- Does not contain toxic substances (surface dyes, pesticides, formaldehydes), doing harm to men or the environment, which can be absorbed by skin to the lymphatic system or blood and which can cause infertility, respiration illnesses, skin irritations, cancer etc. Does not react to chemical substances produced by perspiration
- Is bacteriostatic
- Has a moderately negative charge, beneficial for the body. A minus ion in prolen®yarn promotes blood circulation and purification, inhibits free radicals. Regulates autonomous nerves and activates cells
- Cools in summer, heats up in winter, keeps the skin dry
"To produce one kg of cotton, you can use up to 11.000 litres of water. To produce and colour Prolen, you do not use a drop of water."
To produce one kg of cotton, you can use up to 11.000 litres of water. To produce and colour Prolen, you do not use a drop of water. Usually in countries where they plant cotton, people suffer from lack of water plus lack of food because the fileds where they could grow food i sused for planting cotton. Also cotton ans other types of yarns are usually dyed on the surface, that means that the dyes can migrate to your skin plus to the rivers after being washed, The dyeing process of cotton (for example for jeans) and other types of yarns destroys rivers.
PROLEN® garments have the property of maintaining the ideal temperature in contact with the skin. They adapt to your skin temperature. The PROLEN® yarn has the lowest conductivity of all fibres and provides thermal comfort due to its exceptional insulating power.
EASY TO CARE
- Minimal care for clothes made of Prolen®yarn
- Moisture resistance, stains and spots do not subside inside the fiber
- No shrinkage
- Quick drying
- Does not need ironing
- in the production process
- low energy consumption
- low water consumption
- no environmental pollution
- 100% recyclable yarn
The bluesign® system is the solution for a sustainable textile production. It eliminates harmful substances right from the beginning of the manufacturing process and sets and controls standards for an environmentally friendly and safe production. This not only ensures that the final textile product meets very stringent consumer safety requirements worldwide but also provides confidence to the consumer to acquire a sustainable product.
- It contains no substances hazardous to humans or the environment
- Its production has a minimal negative impact on humans and the environment
- It complies with the strict ecological and toxicological requirements of the bluesign® criteria.
GreenMonkey is the New Zealand distributor for FINGERSCROSSED and is available for purchase online.
DEALERS: If you would like to stock FINGERSCROSSED in-store, please contact us via the contact form.
Ready for an amazing sock experience? Click below to view the collection available in New Zealand now.